Thursday, January 27, 2011

Baby Shower :: Sophisticated Safari

I was given the guidelines of nothing too cutesy and NO games.  I obeyed...kinda...none of the usual games, instead I created Wishes for Baby cards.  They will make nice keepsakes, and considering I am a party planning over achiever I am pleased with my restraint :)
  
We went with a safari-ish theme, what I call sophisticated safari.  For the cupcakes I made two kinds, a chocolate cake filled with vanilla bean custard and valrhona chocolate craquantes, finished with chocolate ganache.  The other was a chardonnay cake, filled with  ginger lime curd and topped with chardonnay cream cheese frosting and candied ginger. We also included baklava since that was one of the mom-to-be's pregnancy cravings. The dessert table ended up looking pretty damn adorable.  I used vintage plates, a white linen, and made a blue paper bunting with tiny clothes pins.


Enjoy!












No comments:

Post a Comment