Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Budget Wedding dresses :: $1000 or less

I feature many gowns that cost thousands and thousands of dollars.  However, I sympathize with the budget bride, I really do.  The good news is that even with a shoe string budget you don't have to sacrifice style. These dresses may cost less than $1000, but that doesn't make them any less beautiful.

Nicole Miller is a great place to go for simple, well made, and beautiful gowns that won't break the budget.  This one is available at Bloomingdales for $730

Nicole Miller
Also at Bloomingdales, ABS by Allen Schwartz on sale for $323.

ABS

Carmen Marc Valvo Ruched gown $895

Carmen Marc Valvo

JCrew has several pocketbook friendly options.  Some of my favorites::

The Dune dress  $895

JCREW

The Aveline gown $750

JCREW

The Cecelia gown $400
JCREW

Custom made dress for $698.  Gotta love etsy! This seller has a proven track record and a 6 month turn around time to prove it.

bridal bliss designs at etsy.com

Vintage beauties tend to go fast, so if you find one you like go for it!

volenskavintage at etsy.com

Pre-owned wedding gowns. 

Now now, hear me out. OnceWed is a great resource for finding samples and well cared for bridal gowns at great prices.  Like this size 10 Vera Wang unaltered sample for $750...yes, you read that right.

OnceWed

Now for a dirty little secret...

Did you fall in love with a dress, but it's too expensive?  

That's what I did and it sucked.  I tried on a dress that was double my budget in a fancy pants Beverly Hills Bridal Salon, and left heartbroken. Not one to give up, I put my master research skills to work, and found the dress at a family owned bridal store in Louisiana for 1/2 the price. For real. It wasn't a knock off, it was perfect.  They will ship you the dress, and you can call and get the designers sizing chart, something that's usually kept shrouded in secrecy.  Check them out and see for yourself.


OK, I just read that and it sounds like a paid advertisement!  Just to be clear - I haven't been compensated to say this, and they are not a sponsor of my blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment