Monday, February 7, 2011

Will you be mine?

via Pinterest
          Valentines day from A to Z. 

It's nice to get a little something special on valentines day.  It was always the homemade valentines day card that stole my heart when I was a little girl, and when it comes to matters of the heart, it's the thought that counts.

Hand made valentines cards are the best.  If you find yourself lacking in imagination then I suggest hitting up PaperSource.  These are especially cute...

PaperSource


Stumped on what to write in your card? Use someone else's words.  I won't tell ;)

My Honey Bee

Drink the nectar of Greek gods with me
Of the sweetness that’s near to me
My flower child
Buzz in my ear
Sweet songs of passion
Surround me with kisses and sighs
Fly into this lovely space
Come to me with smiles
And tell me no lies
Tell me tales of hope and joy
Filled with our dreams
And that you need me
And must have me
And be with me forever…


-Ben Youngblood 1997
*************************************************************

There is nothing like a little Neruda on Valentines day....

 

Love Sonnet XVII

I don't love you as if you were the salt-rose, topaz
or arrow of carnations that propagate fire:
I love you as certain dark things are loved,
secretly, between the shadow and the soul.
I love you as the plant that doesn't bloom and carries
hidden within itself the light of those flowers,
and thanks to your love, darkly in my body
lives the dense fragrance that rises from the earth.

I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where,
I love you simply, without problems or pride:
I love you in this way because I don't know any other way of loving

but this, in which there is no I or you,
so intimate that your hand upon my chest is my hand,
so intimate that when I fall asleep it is your eyes that close.

Pablo Neruda (1904 – 1973)
*************************************************************

Sweets for your sweet?

Dean & Deluca

Or something sweet and sexy?

Marlow and Wren
Try your hand at a homemade meal. Wait, what?! me cook? Never!   Not to worry, Eric Ripert has you covered with this romantic menu...
Romantic menu from Eric Ripert
An adornment for the one you adore?

Low Luv by Erin Wasson
If you are lucky enough to live near Brooklyn, then pick up your honey some gorgeous buds from the amazing Saipua...


Saipua

No comments:

Post a Comment